Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New Texas Abortion Law

Abortion is a big issue because for years it had been said that abortion should not be legal. Many people feel aborting an unwanted child, or killing an unwanted child should be against the law. In the New York times,  “A Bad Reversal on the Texas Abortion Law,” by The Editorial Board inform us about how last Thursday, the court allowed Texas to enforce the new abortion laws. The law that passes states that a third of the states 36-licensed abortion clinic have stopped providing abortions, and that includes Austin. Citizens are trying to get an appeal and protest because of the abortion law being passed. I agree with the law being passed because I don’t believe in Abortion. I don’t believe in sacrificing another human being because you’re too young or it was an accident, it doesn’t matter if it’s still in a bag, or have legs and arms. Whoever doesn’t believe the new law has no heart. I was reading about how a federal district judge quite correctly rejected the provision as unconstitutional, finding that the admitting privileges rule serves no medical purpose and “places a substantial obstacle in the path of a woman seeking an abortion.” The judge issued an injunction blocking the provision, and the state appealed that ruling immediately. The judges did a right thing for closing down the clinics, but they need to leave some up just incase of whoever had a miscarriage or etc., but I feel like no one should appeal  or try to turn over the ruling about abortion.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with Steven Tran on how he feels about the abortion law being passed. A chid's life is precious even if its still unborn. I once believed in abortion as the "okay doing" but now that I think about it, you should kill a child because of YOUR mistakes. People say "I was at a party, got drunk, and then got pregnant!" I believe that is total bullshit. If these girls can't control their liquor and their LEGS closed then don't go out and make stupid decisions at all. Rape might be a different story, but there is always another way around abortion like giving your baby up for adoption instead of taking her/his life away. How would you feel if one day your parents had the say in if they want you dead or alive this very second? Life is too precious to be taking it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a blog post written by Steven he discusses the issue on abortion and the newish law that is threatening to shut down many clinics in Texas. The whole feud has been around since abortions could be preformed I suppose, with half opposed and half for. Really it all just comes to personal opinion, I've heard outstanding arguments from both ends. Steven suggests that if you are against the bill (in favor of keeping the clinics around) then you have no heart. As bold of a statement as that is I would have to disagree, still with the knowledge that I do in fact have a heart. I believe in pro-choice in most situations, and this topic just falls into one of my pro-choice categories. If a mother and father, seeing as he has the stones to stick around, aren't suited for a child and just plainly don't want a kid they shouldn't have to maintain that burden. I know that does sound heartless but I've known people in the situation where if they actually had the kid it would have ended their dreams in life. Honestly, I don't remember anything from about 3 years old and less. I know it is kind of considered a "human" while it's in the womb, but it's just my belief that the parents should be able to choose whether or not they have a kid that could potentially cripple them financially and mentally. Of course I'm not going to be happy and throw a party if someone I knew were to get an abortion. It would strictly be their business and nothing more, I'm sure they had their own reasons and none of that is anyone else's business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Texas abortion law has been a highly debated subject by many and a lot of people may either agree or disagree with it. I believe that it all comes down to your personal beliefs to make this decision. This shouldn't be a decision for anyone else to make other than the mother herself carrying the child. This new law is just closing down these abortion clinics making its extremely difficult for any woman to get a safe abortion in those regions its affecting. This could backlash cause back alley abortion clinics to open up which are highly unsafe. Mr.Tran states "Whoever doesn’t believe the new law has no heart" well you could say the same thing vice versa, the ultimate question is do we want to ensure safe abortions? I ultimately don't agree with the new abortion law Texas has passed, I believe that everyone should have a choice and options to have a safe abortions.

    ReplyDelete